Saturday | 5:15 p.m. (Anticipatory)
Sunday: 8:00 a.m. | 10:00 a.m. | 12:00 Noon | 5:00 p.m.
Monday- Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Sunday: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Monday-Friday: 3:45- 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 3:30-5:00 p.m.
Parish Office Hours (Rectory at 239 Selby Ave.) :
Monday- Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Guided tours are offered Tuesday - Friday at 1:00 p.m. learn more here
Cathedral Lending Library
Cathedral Lending Library
Third Sunday of Each Month
After 10:00 a.m. Mass
The next opening time of our Cathedral Lending Library is Sunday, July 15,, 2018! Come to Hayden Hall after the 10:00 a.m. Mass, enjoy coffee and donuts, and check out books from our 500+ collection! Be sure to take advantage of this amazing free resource for all things Catholic.
We’ve received brand-new and used books, audio lectures, and DVDs from many parishioners, as well as outside donors who support the library’s mission. There are titles in all subjects, including wonderful selections for younger readers. Do stop by!
- Library will open once a month (third Sunday of the month) for checking out items, but you can return them at any time to the drop box in the lower level of the Cathedral. No late fees, no membership, just wonderful free books and media for your use!
- We are in need of volunteers to help staff the library table, helping set up and check out books for borrowers. Interested? Contact Gabby Doran (contact info below)
- We are looking for new or used book carts to better organize our increasing collection. If you care to donate a cart, or money towards one, please let us know!
- Sorry, but we are no longer accepting donations of used books.
Lending Library Organizer
Cathedral of Saint Paul
email: click here
Several authors, publishers, and local groups have supported this effort. Please remember to seek out these excellent Catholic resources:
• The American Chesterton Society: A resource for all things G.K. Chesterton, including books, lectures, membership, and more. www.chesterton.org
• Bethlehem Books: “Bethlehem Books is a small, home grown publishing company dedicated to restoring to children and families a treasury of wholesome, character-building literature.” www.bethlehembooks.com
• Chesterton Academy: “A private, independent high school offering a rigorous classical curriculum taught through the lens of the Catholic faith.” www.chestertonacademy.org
• Simcha Fisher: Author, speaker, and blogger. She writes for the National Catholic Register and blogs at www.aleteia.org/blogs/simchafisher
• Gracewatch Media: Locally operated, “Gracewatch Media is a Catholic micropublisher producing books, websites, and social media that promote and report on God’s grace at work in the world.” www.gracewatch.media
• Leaflet Missal: Family-owned and local, Leaflet Missal is our near neighbor right here in Saint Paul. They offer books, church goods, religious articles, and much more. www.leafletonline.com
• Leila Lawler: Author published through Sophia Institute Press. Find her blog online at www.likemotherlikedaughter.org
• Fr. Dwight Longenecker: Priest, author, and blogger at Patheos.com. Links to all his work can be found at www.dwightlongenecker.com
• Mark P. Shea: Widely published author, blogger, and speaker. Find his most recent online work at www.ncregister.com/blog/mark-shea
• Sophia Institute Press: Catholic publishers, with a mission to “nurture the spiritual, moral, and cultural life of souls and spread the Gospel of Christ in conformity with the authentic teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.” www.sophiainstitute.com
• Brandon Vogt: Author and blogger, with a special emphasis on new media and evangelization. Among many other places, find him at www.brandonvogt.com